Ever wonder why women from India have such beautiful skin? Well, not only do they take great care of their skin, but they have been utilizing this amazing spice for centuries.Tumeric has many healing qualities. Not only is it an excellent anti-oxidant, but it is renowned for its anti-inflammatory, and skin healing properties.
I take the supplements daily , and try to incorporate the spice in my cooking from time to time. You can also apply it directly to the face. Here are a few recipes...
- Mix a little turmeric with cucumber or lemon juice and apply to your face. Leave it for 10-15 min then wash off. If you do this consistently it will help to even out the skin tone and help fade pigmentation on the face.
- Turmeric mixed with sandalwood powder and a little water, and applied to the face can greatly reduce the appearance of acne.
- For an all over body scrub. Mix some turmeric with flour and water and use it to scrub all over your body before your shower. Doing this regularly will help you get glowing skin.
- For pregnant women; try applying a mixture of turmeric with yogurt to the belly and then wipe off after five minutes. If you continue this regularly, throughout pregnancy it will help to the maintain the elasticity of the skin and prevent stretch marks.
- Regular washing with turmeric also reduces facial hair growth significantly.
- In India they often prefer to apply a paste of turmeric to minor cuts, bruises and bumps to reduce the swelling since it is such a great anti-inflammatory. Its antiseptic properties are also perfect for using it for minor cuts, wounds and abrasions. It helps to speed up the healing process of the skin.
-May prevent melanoma, and help to kill off existing melanoma cells
-It is a natural liver detoxifier
-Used in Chinese Medicine to treat depression
-A powerful cancer fighter
-Used to prevent osteoporosis( prepare w/milk)
Enjoy some Tumeric for good health and great skin! XOXO