Friday, March 25, 2011

Fab Fish Oil

The transition from Hawaii to LA has taken a toll on my skin! The dry, smoggy LA air has sucked the life out of it. Thank god for fish oil. If you aren't already taking your Omega 3s (fish oil blend) ... you should start. Not only are they great for your brain and cardiovascular functions and help with cancer prevention, but they are amazing for your skin. Fish oil has polyunsaturated fats, which help to replenish the moisture and suppleness lost in dehydrated, flaky skin. Consuming fish oil also reduces inflammation in our bodies. Inflammation causes aging, and aggravates skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Hydrated, firm, glowing skin??? Why not! You can find Omega 3 supplements at Whole foods, Trader Joes or at almost any supplement store.

I always tell my clients to treat skin from both angles; internal & external. So while I suggest taking  omega 3 supplements, I also suggest using a topical skincare product with Omega 3 in it as well. There are a bunch on the market, but I tried Dr. Perricone's first, since he has done a ton of research on skin health and the benefits of anti-inflammatory products. His 'Super O-Mega with Chia' has shown great results so far; it is not a magical wrinkle eraser, but it is extremely hydrating and leaves my skin glowing and soft. Philosophy also carries one that I hear is pretty good. It's an Omega 3,6,9 serum. I'll keep you posted once I find THE BEST!

Find your Fab Fish Oil and let me know how its working for you.

P.S- Stay hydrated. Drinking half my weight (in ounces) in water and 8oz. of coconut water a day has helped tremendously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment